- Open House for students age 13-18 November 16 from 11:30am-5:00pm. Bring ticket for one free hotdog. Hang out with friends, play ping pong, foosball, board games.
- Check out NBYC’s student-led events: “WhatsAppWednesdays” – on break mid-November until 2024, “TPT: Teen Prayer Team”, “UVCS 1/2 Day Open Houses”, “NBYC Points Auctions”, “American Red Cross Babysitting Seminars”, the “NB Oral History Project” and training events at the ILDUSA Training Center (http://www.ildusa.org/). Sign-up at the links provided or email us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Adult Volunteers needed (see “current needs”).
- Halloween Window Painting
- Declan wins two NY Yankee tickets in NBYC’s first-ever auction!!! Teens earn points every time they participate at NBYC. Points can be used in a variety of ways. Declan had the high point bid!!!
- NBYC’s Basketball Skills Camp for ages 9-18 was June 25-29 led by Zach and players from UVCS! Montana led the student registration and care team!
- “Merit Badge Mornings” started with Pets and Dog Care led by Dr. Lisa Johnson DVM on June 24th.
- NBYC is the trailhead for the new New Berlin Historical Trail that was unveiled May 6th for 50+ hikers as part of the Millbrook Encampment hosted by New Berlin’s Scout Troop 61.
- Our first “Student Leader Meeting” was Tuesday, April 18, 2023. Now it is time to put our ideas into action!!!
- Fun open houses for youth ages 13-18 and their parents in the fall 2022 semester on October 21 and November 10.
- September 18, 2022. 6-7:30pm – teen protection training & membership meeting at NBYC.
- Sunday, August 28, 2022.
Dedication and Square Dance! Dedication @ 1:00 p.m., followed by festivities.
- August 8-16, 2022 Summer C term of the academic internship in Colorado, Leadership Development Institute.
- July 25-August 6, 2022 Summer B term of academic internship in partnership with the Leadership Development Institute of ILDUSA.
“Youth Protection” guidelines at NBYC require 2 adults present anytime youth are present. Volunteer as a “greeter” once a week, for a 1 or 2-hour shift, between 3pm-6pm. We are also seeking volunteers for special events.
Please contact our Directors Kevin and Sarah Phillips for information on assisting with the Center’s current needs:
- Thank you, volunteers, who helped to make August 28, 2022 – dedication day – a success! Thank you!